Agency giving opening speech
On March 20-21 2014, UN-Habitat together with Urban Development Agency (Ministry of Construction) organised Training on Developing result based Monitoring and Evaluation System in Urban Sector to increase capacity among those officials who work in the field of urban development. This is the second training programme following the first course organised on December 15-16, 2013.
40 participants from different apartments of the Urban Development Agency (UDA), General Statistics Office (GSO), Technical officers from the Department of Statistics and Department of Urban Management at city level (cities to be selected during discussions with local partners), stakeholders from other ministries and departments and from NGOs, INGOs, Universities, AMC, professional associations
Lecturers from the GSO provided background on developing a results-based monitoring and evaluation system for the urban sector, while a UN-Habitat expert from headquarters, Claudio Acioly offered in-depth presentation about City Prosperity Index which suggested a fresh approach to prosperity beyond a solely economic emphasis, including other vital dimensions such as quality of life, adequate infrastructure, equity and environmental sustainability. Vice director of UDA, Mr. Tran Quoc Thai also shared experience of how the RBM was applied in implementing urban projects. International experience from China’s urban indicator systems and national experience how Danang city developed the Livable City concept were also shared.
Through discussion and group work over two days, participants had the opportunity to understand status of collecting urban information in Vietnam and gave suggestions how to develop Vietnam urban indicator system.
The training programme was part of the Strengthening Urban Observatory and Statistical Systems for Urban Evident-based Development Planning and Policies between UN-Habitat, the Vietnam Urban Development Agency and Government Statistics Office (GSO).
- Urban Leadership and Innovation Mini-Ba
- Viet Nam plans launch of City Prosperity Index
- Regional Planning and Linkages for Southern Key Economic Zone Workshop in Ho Chi Minh City
- Policy Dialogue on Right to Adequate Housing: Roles of Urban Communities in the Housing Process
- Training on Developing result based Monitoring and Evaluation System in Urban Sector
- Urban Planning for City Leaders
- Initiatives to Promote Local Economic Development
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 2
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 1
- Leadership Training for Sustainable City Development Strategy of Danang
- New collaboration signed aims to support the Government of Viet Nam in the implementation of the Viet Nam Statistical Development Strategy 2011-2020
- United Nations Resident Coordinator leading UN-Habitat delegation to have courtesy visits to Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration and Minister of Construction
- Workshop "Capacity Builging to Develop Climate Change Response towards Green-Growth"
- Quang Nam Green Growth Investment Forum (PDF 475KB)
- Training on Multi Sector Investment Planning
- ‘Local to Global’ Art-Craft Industry Dialogues
- Government of Viet Nam and the United Nations signed new One Plan for 2012-2016
- National Workshop on Project "Urban Observatory System in Vietnam"
- Training of Trainers Workshop on Housing Policy Development
- World Habitat Day in Vietnam
- UN-HABITAT, partners hold consultative leadership workshop for Vietnamese Province *Will open a separate file
- Consultative Leadership Workshop for Quang Nam PDS
- Kick-off workshop of 'Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment (VAA) of Hoi An' project as a initial step of integrated approaches to the development of Hoi An Eco-city
- Workshop on Consultation and Technical Assistance to National Housing Development Strategy toward 2020, vision of 2030
- Vietnamese Study Tour in Korea on Low-Income Housing
- Workshop "Urban Indicators and Urban Management in Vietnam"
- International Conference on "Hanoi Millennium: City Past and Future"
- Joint Hoi An Eco-city Scoping Workshop
- A proactive member of UN family and a trusted partner working together with people for a better urban life - Viet Nam team’s motto to set forth the next HCPD