(Tam Ky) From 17 to 20 April 2012, Department of Planning and Investment of Quang Nam in collaboration with UN-Habitat organized training on Multi Sector Investment Planning (MSIP) for Quang Nam Provincial Development Strategy (PDS) with the participation of representatives from UNDP, Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and more than 40 officials from different departments, sections, branches and local authorities of Quang Nam province.
This training course aimed to strengthen capacity for local authorities so the objectives are: to enhance understanding of critical needs and effects of strategic investment plan (SIP) within a 'Planning- Programming – Budgeting' linear process of a PDS strategic planning approach; to develop applicable SIP with fundamental skills including pre-feasibility studies, project identification and formulation, strategic project prioritization, economic and financial appraisal and financial policy development; to increase ownership of local leaders and practitioners in formulation and implementation of SIP so that PDS will be realized with immediate effects while have a better opportunity of institutionalization in national planning system; to identify potential private and public partnership opportunities for resource mobilization of key projects under PDS and finally to develop best practice of MSIP training so that it can be up-scaled to a national level and applied for key development strategies for other parts of Vietnam, based on strategic planning process.
"I think the objectives of this training are very practical. Through the training, participants can access to methodologies of multi sector investment planning, apply proposal of strategic frame work and prioritized projects for Quang Nam PDS. In addition, these objectives are suitable with the the action program of Quang Nam People Committee about developing synchronous infrastructure until 2020 under Resolution 13-NQ/TW on 16th January, 2012, of Central Committee of Vietnamese Party term XI", Tran Van Tri, Director of Department of Planning and Investment of Quang Nam province said.
During the training, participants had opportunities to develop further projects of opportunities for QN in addition to reviewing currently developed key project related to PDS. Based on prefeasibility/ opportunities, participants studied and produced a strategic program framework for MSIP including target, goals and outcomes of program aligned with identified projects. They also worked in groups to develop systems for investment project prioritization using quantitative and qualitative criteria in accordance with development strategies identified in PDS. Un-Habitat experts and consultants also introduced key components of investment project review such as economic/ financial feasibility and viability analysis in consideration of risks in market economy. Projects developed within the PDS framework were evaluated based on a set of developed Social and Environmental criteria to see whether there are any social and environmental impact/ opportunities of it for short and long-term. A prioritized and time-phased list with costing of capital investment projects were developed after all, followed by understanding financial analysis and management of projects and matching investment requirement with projected financing sources for the PDS implementation period. Applicable various types of projects financing schemes for priorities can be discussed.
- Urban Leadership and Innovation Mini-Ba
- Viet Nam plans launch of City Prosperity Index
- Regional Planning and Linkages for Southern Key Economic Zone Workshop in Ho Chi Minh City
- Policy Dialogue on Right to Adequate Housing: Roles of Urban Communities in the Housing Process
- Training on Developing result based Monitoring and Evaluation System in Urban Sector
- Urban Planning for City Leaders
- Initiatives to Promote Local Economic Development
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 2
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 1
- Leadership Training for Sustainable City Development Strategy of Danang
- New collaboration signed aims to support the Government of Viet Nam in the implementation of the Viet Nam Statistical Development Strategy 2011-2020
- United Nations Resident Coordinator leading UN-Habitat delegation to have courtesy visits to Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration and Minister of Construction
- Workshop "Capacity Builging to Develop Climate Change Response towards Green-Growth"
- Quang Nam Green Growth Investment Forum (PDF 475KB)
- Training on Multi Sector Investment Planning
- ‘Local to Global’ Art-Craft Industry Dialogues
- Government of Viet Nam and the United Nations signed new One Plan for 2012-2016
- National Workshop on Project "Urban Observatory System in Vietnam"
- Training of Trainers Workshop on Housing Policy Development
- World Habitat Day in Vietnam
- UN-HABITAT, partners hold consultative leadership workshop for Vietnamese Province *Will open a separate file
- Consultative Leadership Workshop for Quang Nam PDS
- Kick-off workshop of 'Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment (VAA) of Hoi An' project as a initial step of integrated approaches to the development of Hoi An Eco-city
- Workshop on Consultation and Technical Assistance to National Housing Development Strategy toward 2020, vision of 2030
- Vietnamese Study Tour in Korea on Low-Income Housing
- Workshop "Urban Indicators and Urban Management in Vietnam"
- International Conference on "Hanoi Millennium: City Past and Future"
- Joint Hoi An Eco-city Scoping Workshop
- A proactive member of UN family and a trusted partner working together with people for a better urban life - Viet Nam team’s motto to set forth the next HCPD