10-12 October 2011
From 10th to 12th October 2011, UN-HABITAT Viet Nam in collaboration with Academy of Managers for Construction and Cities (AMC) have successfully organized the Training of Trainer (ToT) Workshop on Housing Policy Development in Hanoi. The workshop attracted 35 participants from different departments and institutions under Ministry of Construction (MOC) and different universities and research institutes like University of Architecture, University of Construction, Vietnam Institute of Architecture, Urban and Rural Planning (VIAP) and the Academy (AMC). This ToT was under capacity building programme of one of three UNHABITAT projects in Viet Nam to “Support low-income Housing Policy in Vietnam”.
The purposes of the TOT were to strengthen the training capacities in delivery courses to support housing policy development; to further increase the participants knowledge on housing market dynamics and step-by-step, introducing tools, instruments and methods to monitor, analyze and intervene via enabling strategies, programmes and projects. It also aims at strengthening the capacity of policy makers to anticipate policy implications for housing in Viet Nam and to support the translation of national housing policy into local housing development plans. Overall, it would contribute to improve provincial and local ownership in the formulation and implementation of local housing policies and programmes.
The training was structured in such a way that the red threat was the content ‘different dimensions of housing markets & housing market analysis. These were delivered in different modalities: theoretic lectures, guest lecturer, guided exercise etc. The course went through five well designed sessions: (1) Introduction of innovative teaching methods and how to integrate these in a learning programme; (2) Application of several practical leadership tools from the new EMERGE framework for accelerating successful policy development, (3) Discussion to reach a common understanding of main problems in the Vietnamese housing market, (4) Systematic introduction of enabling strategies across key components of housing sectors and (5) Reflections from real life housing intervention. Prominent Vietnamese Experts including two ex-vice ministers of Constructions and Natural Resource and Environment, have participated and giving lectures at the workshop.
“The workshop was the chance for participants to increase knowledge of housing markets and the market analysis both in Viet Nam and internationally as well as increase capacity to integrate innovative teaching methods into training programmes. We hope participants can apply methodologies and offered knowledge in their practical work, which will be helpful for the development of housing sector”, said Dr. Nguyen Quang, UN-HABITAT Programme Manager said.
The ToT has received good feedback and attendance from participants.
- Urban Leadership and Innovation Mini-Ba
- Viet Nam plans launch of City Prosperity Index
- Regional Planning and Linkages for Southern Key Economic Zone Workshop in Ho Chi Minh City
- Policy Dialogue on Right to Adequate Housing: Roles of Urban Communities in the Housing Process
- Training on Developing result based Monitoring and Evaluation System in Urban Sector
- Urban Planning for City Leaders
- Initiatives to Promote Local Economic Development
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 2
- The World We Want: Listening to the views of poor and marginalized people 1
- Leadership Training for Sustainable City Development Strategy of Danang
- New collaboration signed aims to support the Government of Viet Nam in the implementation of the Viet Nam Statistical Development Strategy 2011-2020
- United Nations Resident Coordinator leading UN-Habitat delegation to have courtesy visits to Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration and Minister of Construction
- Workshop "Capacity Builging to Develop Climate Change Response towards Green-Growth"
- Quang Nam Green Growth Investment Forum (PDF 475KB)
- Training on Multi Sector Investment Planning
- ‘Local to Global’ Art-Craft Industry Dialogues
- Government of Viet Nam and the United Nations signed new One Plan for 2012-2016
- National Workshop on Project "Urban Observatory System in Vietnam"
- Training of Trainers Workshop on Housing Policy Development
- World Habitat Day in Vietnam
- UN-HABITAT, partners hold consultative leadership workshop for Vietnamese Province *Will open a separate file
- Consultative Leadership Workshop for Quang Nam PDS
- Kick-off workshop of 'Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment (VAA) of Hoi An' project as a initial step of integrated approaches to the development of Hoi An Eco-city
- Workshop on Consultation and Technical Assistance to National Housing Development Strategy toward 2020, vision of 2030
- Vietnamese Study Tour in Korea on Low-Income Housing
- Workshop "Urban Indicators and Urban Management in Vietnam"
- International Conference on "Hanoi Millennium: City Past and Future"
- Joint Hoi An Eco-city Scoping Workshop
- A proactive member of UN family and a trusted partner working together with people for a better urban life - Viet Nam team’s motto to set forth the next HCPD