The Cities and Climate Change Initiative team in Fiji hosted an information booth at Lami Festival on October 23 which was visited by a broad range of community stakeholders who provided valuable feedback on the council’s vulnerability and adaptation assessment for the town. The Special Administrator of Lami Town and the Minister for Local Government, Urban Development, Housing and the Environment visited the CCCI booth where the CEO of Lami Town and Ministry representatives briefed them on the ongoing activities. Other town councils in the Greater Suva area have expressed interest in participating in the cities and climate change initiative being pioneered in Fiji by Lami Town. In the spirit of mitigating cities contribution to climate change, an inaugural “Great Lami bike ride" was held. Partial proceeds from the festival fundraising have been committed to restoring the shoreline of Tikaram Park. Lami Town has also signed up to UNISDR's Pacific Resilient Cities Campaign.
For more information please contact the CEO, Lami Town Council at email@example.com
- Urban Profiles: Assessing the urban conditions of cities in Solomon Islands
- Urban Profiles: Assessing the urban conditions of cities in Papua New Guinea
- Urban Profiles: Assessing the urban conditions of cities in Fiji
- Fiji Desktop Calendar
- UN-Habitat's Cities and Climate Change Initiative concluded a Pacific Partners Workshop in Suva, Fiji from 21-23 November.
- Pacific Urban Forum
- Fiji : From the activities of the Cities and Climate Change Initiative in Fiji
- 2010 Pacific Local Government Symposium: Building local government alliances: for vibrant and resilient local economies and communities in the Pacific
- Tuvalu : Funafuti Urban Dialogue, Tuvalu, 2 and 5 July 2010
- Fiji : Launching of Fiji's Rapid Urban Sector Profiling, June 2010
- Vanuatu : National Urban Dialogue 6-8 October 2009