Background and Objectives
While there was a significant relief effort in Balochistan and Sindh following the intense storms and cyclone in 2007, pockets of the population remained in critical need of shelter in 2008. The project targeted the district of Kamber-Shadadkot and the border areas of Jhal Magsi District in Balochistan, where the need was greatest. The project provided emergency shelter to seven per cent of the most vulnerable from a caseload of 28,972 families without any shelter.
The objective of the projects is that the Shelter Cluster will, in coordination with National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) and local Government authorities, provide shelter assistance to 2,300 of the most vulnerable families in Kamber-Shadadkot District, Sindh Province, and in the border areas of Jhal Magsi District in Baluchistan, within a maximum period of four months.
* Procure and distribute shelter materials;
* Ensure minimum standards of shelter materials;
* Conduct progress Monitoring.
* Well coordinated and monitored provision of shelter materials in flood affected districts;
* 2,300 shelter kits procured and distributed.
Development Partners / Partners
Development Partners: UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)
- Pakistan Settlements Flood Recovery Project (PSFRP)
- Primary School Reconstruction in Muzaffarabad (Completed)
- Humanitarian Information and Coordination (Completed)
- Transitional Shelter Provision for Baluchistan Earthquake Victims (Completed)
- Shelter Assistance to IDPs Living Outside of Camps (Completed)
- Water and Sanitation Improvements in Informal Settlements (Completed)
- Disaster Risk Management
- Sustainable Urbanization and Sustainable Energy Construction
- Shelter Assistance to Returnees in Conflict-affected Areas in NWFP (Completed)
- Documenting and Communicating Results Achieved and Lessons Learnt in the Post 2005 Earthquake Rural Housing Reconstruction Programme
- Reconstruction of Girls School in Swat District
- Improving Living conditions of IDPs out off camps through WASH Interventions (Completed)
- Facilitating Access to Safer Land for Earthquake Victims (Completed)
- Strengthening Post-Earthquake Reconstruction
- Joint UN Post-Disaster Assessment Mechanisms (Completed)
- Emergency Shelter Kit Procurement and Distribution (Completed)
- Post-Flood Information Management and Coordination (Completed)
- Facilitating Access to Land for Earthquake Affected Families (Completed)
- Technical and Training Support for the Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation Authority (Completed)
- Support to Spontaneous Shelter Recovery in Earthquake-affected Villages (completed)
- Support To Spontaneous Shelter Recovery in Earthquake Affected Villages in Pakistan (completed)
- Technical Support for National Urban Poverty Alleviation Programme (Completed)