Background and Objectives
The main objective of this project is to localize Cambodian MDGs through community profiling of informal settlements in urban areas in Cambodia.
Main activities include:
* Resource mobilization for the formulation of community profiles;
* Produce community priofiles for all urban areas nationwide;
* Prepare meetings, dialogues, and workshops with other partners to finalize the profiles;
* Introduce and share the profiles with those urban areas and partners;
* Provide monitoring tools to local authorities at those Municipal and Provincial level to find resources to achieve their targets.
* Profiles for informal/ urban poor settlements for nationwide prepared and introduced;
* CMDG monitoring on Goal 7, particularly target 16 for informal/ urban poor settlements for some main urban areas (Phnom Penh, Battambang, Sihanoukville, Seam Reap, Kandal, Kampong Cham, and Banteay Meanchey) introduced;
* Setting up of the National Urban Forum with the participation from MLMUPC, NCDP, and UNFPA.
MLMUPC, Municipal and Provincial Offices and Department of Planning STT, HRTF, CBOs, Communities, UNFPA
- Localizing MDG Profiles for Urban Poor Communities (Completed)
- Phnom Penh - Partnership for Urban Poverty Reduction - Phase II - Slum Upgrading (Completed)
- Support to National Housing Polity (Completed)
- Phnom Penh Urban Poverty Reduction Project (Completed)
- Upscaling of Community-Driven Development Process in Phnom Penh (CDS-Phnom Penh) (Completed)